Here we will look at buying a good weightlifting cage where you can do anything from squats to bench press and how it may help you in starting a home gym.
Product: Full Pro Cage & weight bench
There are many aspects of pieces of equipment you should look at when considering purchasing any exercise equipment. This includes things such as structure, sturdiness, exercises included, ease of assembly, and other factors as well.
Here is a general description of parts to a basic squat rack or cage that you should know when looking to purchase one.
Frame: The frame is the basic structure of the product, and you should look at the dimensions of the frame concerning its height especially when comparing it to where you would be using it in your home.
Support Bar: The support bar is the bar which goes on the inside of a cage between the frame. This is what catches the bar if it is dropped.
J-hooks: These are the hooks that are used either on the inside or outside of the frame to rest the barbell on when you are not using it.
Spotters arm: This is the part of a rack that the weight is under when you step back if you are doing a squat on the outside of the cage. These are more for a basic squat rack and play the same part as a support bar in a cage.
Here are some positive and negative facts about this piece that anyone would probably look at when thinking of purchasing a squat rack.
Product: Impex Marcy Pro full cage
- This cage is very sturdy and is made of quality material
- Additional pieces such as a dip bar, pull up bar, and lat pulldown machine are included with this cage
- With the pulldown machine you are able to do exercises such as bicep curls, triceps press, and rows as well. This feature used free weights.
- Side bars are included to store weights when they are not in use
- You can use only a 7 foot barbell with this cage
- The bench will hold only a total of 600 pounds, so if you are doing a heavy bench press and are a heavy individual you may want to look for other benches.
- The maximum amount of weight that the catch will support is 300 pounds
- This cage isn’t hard to assemble, but the instructions are not very clear. You may be able to go online and search you-tube to find out this information.
- Accessories such as a curl bar, rope, or lat pulldown bar are not included.
- No protection plan is offered
Overall, this free weight cage is a good purchase for any beginner that is just starting weight training and needs a good cage for their home gym. If you are an experienced lifter and are able to use heavier weights, you may want to look somewhere else for a piece of equipment that will support more weight.
In conclusion, I recommend this product only for a beginner that was of average strength and doesn’t think they will be using a very heavy amount of weight, while for the experienced or strong such as the athletic population, should look at other products.