Squat racks are needed for all gyms so you can properly do exercises like bench press or squats. We hope to help you in finding a good squat rack for your new home gym to meet your needs.
Product: Titan T-3 tall folding power rack
Here is a general description of parts to a basic squat rack or cage that you should know when looking to purchase one.
Frame: Basic structure of the product, and you should look at the dimensions of the frame concerning its height.
Safety Bar: Goes on the inside of a cage between the frame. This is what catches the bar if it is dropped.
J-hooks: These are the hooks that are used either on the inside or outside of the frame to rest the barbell on when you are not using it.
Spotters arm: This is the part of a rack that the weight is under when you step back if you are doing a squat on the outside of the cage.
Here are some positive and negative facts about this piece that anyone would probably look at when thinking of purchasing a squat rack.
- Has 2 uprights for the frame
- This rack will fold up against the wall when it is not in use to save space
- A pull up bar and dip attachment is included
- 4 J hooks are include
- Additional accessories can be added
- Concerning racking of the weight, it will hold up to 1,000 pounds
- Assembly is easy
- If you are working out alone, a spotters bar can be attach for added safety
- Uses 6 inch hole spacing
- Only a 7 foot bar can be used
- Height of this rack is 91 inches
- Additional tools are not included
- Possible isssues with j hooks not fitting properly
- Shipping may not always be secure, so you should use the highest quality shipping available to avoid any damage
- Holes to place spotters arm or bar rests in are not numbered
- Clearance must be 8 feet or more for pull ups
If you are starting your own home gym and have a limited amount of space, this squat rack would be a good choice. This would be good for either a basement or garage gym where you had a limited amount of storage space. Also, due to the ability of this rack to withstand the weight that it can, it would be good for anyone from a beginner just starting out, to the advanced lifter. Most general racks do not have a spotters arm. The fact that you are able to add a spotters arm to this rack is a plus because it allows you to workout alone instead of requiring a partner.
If you’re using a small space but plan on moving to a larger room, I would invest in a squat cage instead, but if you have no intention of using a larger space for workouts, this rack is a good choice.